Monday, October 23, 2006

on making new friends

When I lived in Kingston, I used to get out to see some live music every couple weeks at least, granted it wasn't ususally paraticularly cutting edge, we're talking Irish music and cover bands, but since moving to Victoria I think I've seen live music maybe three times? Luckily for me, things seem to be looking up, this Satuday I went with some people from my program (my new friends?) to see an all girl folk band called the Gruff at their c.d. release party and kick-off to their Canadian tour. They were pretty good, they had a couple songs that had more of a rock feel to them that I esp. liked. And I met a couple really interesting people (and of course any time I meet anyone interesting I immeidately feel super uninteresting and inarticulate, but I digress).

And tonight I called someone I know the opening of the conversation went as follows:
"Hi Anna, it's Liz calling, your friend from the bus"
"...oh hi! I'm so glad you called!"

And she geniunely was. So not only do I have a new friend, I have also been invited to 2 Halloween parties this Saturday. Two!! (This is a really big deal considering the number of people I knew in Victoria this time last year). Sadly, I'm not really a Halloween person, and I am not at all looking forward to dressing up, but I have a pretty simple, yet original costume in mind, and maybe I will be able to convince my boyfriend (who is amazing) to come with me.

Also, of late I have been extremely tired. And I am very much a sleep-person, so when I am tired, I mean I could be sleeping 12 hours a day. So today I did two things I should have two weeks ago - I took my iron and went to the gym. I am hoping a continued combination of those two things will ensure that my standard 9 hours a day will suffice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I happen to know on good authority that your boyfriend does not want to go, but he hopes you have fun. Oh, and yes, he is amazing.

Kirst said...

If he si so amazing he would be sucking up the fact that he doesn't want to go and go anyway.
I'm a little confused as to what and iron and the gym have to do with each other. Are you going to iron or taking your own weights?;)

liz said...

The iron is referring to iron supplements, so I think a combination of not working out and having my iron levels go below where they should be is making me tired :)

Kirst said...

I had to go on iron last year right after I had Quinten. Once my levels got back up to normal I felt great. I hope it works for you.