Wednesday, October 04, 2006

bandwagon what now?

Today is Wednesday. This coming weekend will be Thanksgiving weekend. It will be my third Thanksgiving not at home, and I don't remember ever being upset before that I wasn't going to get to be with my family this weekend. But this year, I don't know, I am really disappointed that I won't get to see my family, parents, friends etc. this long weekend. Mainly my parents I think, because they were supposed to come visit me the following week, and now they are not. (something to do with buying a second property and being poor again).

And though I will still get to spend the holiday with one person I love, I wish that I could spend it with many people who I love. I always thought that my life would take me wherever I wanted to go - and I still do - but recently I have started to think that I would like to live in at least the same time zone as my parents. My current plan is to settle somewhere and then make my parents move to live near me; however, that probably isn't really fair. Anyways. the moral of my story is that I wish I was going to be able to spend thanksgiving at home.

No comments: