Sunday, October 01, 2006

friday night lights

I had a fabulous weekend (well night) in Vancouver. Taking the bus and the ferry and the bus for many many hours was not fun - but the Flames game was actually super fun. I think I like hockey more when I can see the whole ice (versus on t.v. when you can only see the current play) and our seats were excellent - they were super high up - but you could see really well. The only downside was that when we first got to the game, a person dressed up in a giant canuck-orca suit punched me. He punched me!! I think it was the Flames shirt.

Other things: I got a free room upgrade! My first ameretto sour in forever. remeniscing about the bushes at the airport bus stop. cold crepes in a freezing cold restaurant. listening to my ipod while almost falling asleep on the bus. seeing whales from the ferry! smoked salmon on a bagel. pumpkin flavoured gelato. meeting D. aunt and uncle.

song of the day: what I'm trying to say. the stars

3 comments:

Faye said...

Interesting how your blog and Devin's blog are so very different about the same night. Actually you gave way more info about stuff around you, and he focused mostly on everything related to the game. You both did mention that the trip was long, and you met Lindy and Roy. Glad you had a good time.

Kirst said...

Sounds like a fun a filled weekend. You're slowly meeting all of our family. Hopefully you guys can come visit again soon. I enjoyed meeting you and hanging out, in the summer.

Anonymous said...

punched you. hahaha.
oh hockey.
-alex