Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Abyss and Freedom

Today is Sunday. The day of rest. Or the day of reading "Feminism and the Abyss of Freedom". Unfortunetly, I am spending the day doing the latter. And let me tell you, the Abyss of Freedom is about as pleasant to read as it sounds. Actually, the Abyss of Freedom is good thing, but it is not a particularly fun thing to read about.

However, I was supposed to read it last week, and I didn't start it until yesterday, so I don't have the option of giving up for the day. This week was a good week. I finished my final grant proposal (well, the second of two) and now I have a million-less-one things to worry about. Just now, to take a mini-break from the Abyss of Freedom I went to Starbucks and bought my first eggnog latte of the Christmas season!! Apparently a grande skim-milk/eggnog latte has 10 grams of fat and costs $4.72. This has prompted me to re-evaluate my plan of an eggnog latte a day for the next two months. Mainly because $150 is about half of my monthly food budget. Though it's still not enough for the shoes I want to buy :) Plus, I have to save for Devin's Christmas and birthday presents, so I can't go spending all my money on coffee.

3 comments:

kristen said...

you could always switch to a tall non-fat eggnog latte. it would save a bit of money.

(it is $5 here if it makes you feel better)

Kirst said...

I went to get an eggnog latte after reading yours and Kristen's posts. The barista told me they can't serve the festice drinks till Wednesday. You guys are so lucky.

liz said...

I had previously been told that they would not be available until this wednesday, but after reading about k. and her gingerbread latte I went and asked anyways, and was very pleasantly surprised when I got my eggnog. So my guess is that though technically they are not supposed to be available until Wednesday, some stores are just turning a blind eye to pre-season sales.