Monday, November 13, 2006

Lists, Lists, Lists

A couple months ago, I was reading Cosmo (I know, I know) and they ran an article about a young woman who had died in September 11th and before she died, she had been working on a list on her computer titled "100 Things I Want to do Before I Die". Anyways, I thought this was a fabulous idea - and then the recent spat of lists on other blogs - has prompted to me to write the first (of perhaps several?) lists of things I have not done that I would like/hope someday to do.

1) Have a facial
2) See a James Bond movie
3) Go horseback riding (I did this once as a young child, but not since)
4) Complete a large scale creative work
5) Have my own dog (or I suppose share a dog with my partner)

My Comments on the "big list"

02. Swam with wild dolphins: would totally love to. I almost swam with captured dolphins, but something about swimming with captured dolphins seemed not-cool to me.
14. Seen the Northern Lights: okay, seriously people. I have never seen these. I feel suddenly inadequate since everyone else seems to have.
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa: I am pretty sure you can no longer do this. We tried to walk to the top of a leaning tower in Bologna, but it was closed, and by closed, I mean I don't think you could ever actually walk to the top. stupid guidebook.
42. Had amazing friends: yes, yes, and yes again.
51. Visited Ireland: Lived baby, lived.
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love: okay, I was not in love, nor was I heartbroken, but I definetly talked about it for longer than justified.
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them: no, but a stranger (an American woman, about 25) sat at my table with me and my mom and sister at a vegetarian restaurant in Paris for about 20 mintues, before deciding to leave because it was too expensive.
54. Visited Japan: maybe someday.
72. Gotten married: hopefully someday.
78. Won first prize in a costume contest: I won a prize for "best couple". That was pretty cool. Although the prize left much to be desired.
94. Spoken more than one language fluently well enough to have a decent conversation: no but it's a life goal. Seriously.
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour: I don't know about followed, but saw The Crofters in Kingston weekend, after weekend, after weekend.
105. Wrote articles for a large publication: but someday I will have to, stupid life plan, requiring that I filful this stupid requirement. I'm not such a fan of my life plan at the moment, in case you hadn't noticed.
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon: I would sort of like to do this, but what I really want to do is go to Tucson and visit S&S.

And for the record, I am blown away at the "have shaved my head people". I mean wow. That is super cool and also a little perplexing to me. And may I suggest, this Christmas, leave the kids at grammas, because y'all need to go out and order yourselves a martini.

No comments: