Saturday, November 11, 2006

Circle Craft Annual Christmas Craft Fair

I spent the past couple of days in Vancouver attending the Circle Craft Annual Christmas Craft Fair, the largest one of a kind craft fair in western Canada. I went with my friend Sarah and her mom, and it was super fun. The Thursday night we went out to a Malysian restaurant for dinner (it was good, not great. And now that I am eating red meat again, I had lamb, which was really good!). Friday it was crazy-raining so we drove down to Canada Place and we spent about 5 hours at the craft fair (we would have spent longer, but I had to catch a ferry back on the Sunday night). I ended up with Christmas presents for my mom, dad, sister and Alex, plus a couple of extras. All of the gifts are really random - well my sister's is sorta normal. But the other gifts are super random. I also got a shirt for myself, though alas, not the $100 hoodie of my dreams. So now, the only major gift I still need to get is for Devin, and so I just have to figure out where I can go to get a motorcycle helmet engraved.

Vancouver:
*Banana Leaf
*Blended Lychee Mojhitos (sp?)
*6 hours of travelling
*milk in a glass bottle
*crazy curvy houses (which I will buy when I an extra $350)
*glass insects made by the husband of the $100 hoodie woman
*amazing feeling of being surrounded by people who do what they love for a living, and hoping that someday I can be like them in my own way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! im glad you had fun
(and bought me a present)
call me tommorow if you can :)

Kirst said...

I love going to Christmas craft sales. I can't wait for the one hear at the Round up Centre. I try to go every year. It won't be quite as fun as your outing but still fun.

liz said...

I'm sure that the craft sale at the Round up Centre will be super fun - plus there are always lots of cute crafts aimed at kids that you (unlike me) have a reason to buy.