Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Life in Victoria or strikethrough

At the risk of sounding like a spoiled brat* (something which Devin will readily confirm) today I went to the tailor's, and apparently it will take until next Thursday (8 days!) before my stuff is ready. I think this is an insanely long time. I guess that's what happens when you move from the centre of the (Canadian) universe out to the colonies.

*if I could figure out how to use strikethrough I would use it here. Anyone know how to use strikethrough?

Okay - here are the instructions (thank you blog world). This is what you do: put <, the word strike, and > before the word, and <, /, the word strike, and > after the word.

6 comments:

kristen said...

that seems like a long time. i would probably whine about that one too. 3 or 4 days is do-able by 8 days???
i'm with you.

(PS-if we ever finally meet, perhaps we can go out for a martini...as long as i can do the ordering ;-)

Anonymous said...

For the record I don't think you're a spoiled brat, nor have I ever called you a spoiled brat. I have called you spoiled, but that's it. I hardly think your tailoring taking eight days is a result of not being in Toronto, it's more likely a result of Victoria moving at a snails pace due to all the old people living at their pace, which is very very slow.

liz said...

This is true about victoria, I imagine that in Calgary or Vancouver or Ottawa, I could have my tailoring back inside a week. And okay, I agree, I am definetly not a brat, even if on occasion I am a little spoiled.

And yes, if we meet, we will definetly go out and order martini's.

Anonymous said...

i think you should embrace your spoiled brat-ness.
:) EMBRACE IT!
listen, i called you, you did not call me back, stop acting like me!!!
(ok i will call you again today, because you are a wondeful person, you spoiled brat you)

Anonymous said...

i'v been wondering about strikethrough myself...please let me know if you find out how...maybe you can post a strikethrough tutorial...

Kirst said...

I definetely can't help you with the strikethrough. I don't even know what that is.