Wednesday, December 12, 2007

shopping at the grocery store

Today I went to Safeway after work. This was quite unusual for me - because with the location of my apartment this year Safeway is no longer within walking distance. So today I took a detour after work to go shopping at Safeway. I made two exciting purchases:

1) I bought two haagen daaz! Yes two! That was because they were on sale 2 for $9.50. I bought one tub of Baileys and one of Mango sorbet. I was a little worried about the Bailey's, but I remember having it in Ireland and really liking it - so I bought some. Turns out - I don't like it. Not one little bit. Well there's $5 I will never get back. The Mango Sorbet however is lovely.

Luckily purchase number two was more successful.

2) I bought a potted mini-pine tree for $7. It is fabulous. It is too small to hang any ornaments on - instead it is currently on the top of my bookcase (although I may move it), next to my (sadly) small collection of Christmas cards. It's all very festive. And the mini-pine smells like pine which is lovely and it has a festive red ribbon tied to the top so I am now most definetly, slowly, starting to get into the Christmas spirit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious as to what kind of smell the mini-pine would have other than pine?

Kirst said...

I know that you will be able to add to your Christmas card collection. We too have a small selection so far.