Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Tintin and neurosis

Part I

I took an online quiz for children entitled "what hero are you most like?" and it says I am most like Tintin!! (Hermonie was not a possible result - because that is who I was hoping I would get). That being said - I am thrilled with the Tintin response. Why? Because Tintin is super cool - that is why!! This is why I am like Tintin:

Just like him, you are sociable and you like to make new friends. You don’t think violence is a good idea. You would rather think things over and find the best solution. You are a very faithful friend. You would never go against your best friend or do anything to hurt him or her. You are one of the most inquisitive students in your class. You love to learn new things. That is why, like Tintin, you would be a good foreign correspondent. You would also be good at solving the world’s great mysteries. Even though Tintin is not a real person, you can use him as a model and help the people around you.

So there you have it. I will adopt the spirit of Tintin and bring it into my everyday life. Me and the captain and snowy and those crazy twins - what adventures will we have next?

Part II

After doing some self-reflecting - I have decided that I like being in control. Not control like "you all must do what I say!!!" but control in a knowledge is power sort of way. I don't like unknowns. I am not a super spontaneous person (which I would definetly like to be more of - and I do try to take opportunities for spontaneity should they come my way) and I just get a sense of calm when I know what to expect. I am the kind of person who will ask six people what they are wearing to a party so I know what to expect. I mean granted I have chosen a number of universities based on nothing more than a feeling - but when it comes to the small things - to details - I like to know. It calms me down. Someone (T. maybe) said that I can be neurotic (she meant it nicely) - and though that was not a word I had ever considered applying to myself before she did sorta seem to hit on something. Which is why I have like having knowledge/control - it keeps me in check and keeps me rational. I can make rational decisions and have rational feelings because I understand all the factors and I can then make decisions accordingly.

Seriously. I should so be in a Counselling Psycology MA program somewhere... however - i am trying to hold off on becoming female version of my father (for at least a little while yet...)

No comments: