Wednesday, October 12, 2005

brittney spears

do think i should be concerned that i am 22 and i have yet to achieve even a small amount of what brittney spears has achieved in by the time she was 17? Though in fairness she is probably one of the most famous and successful young person of my generation. hmmmmm... that raises an interesting point - what does this really say about my generation. is it my generation i should be blaming or the generation above me? below me? in the sixties i think people knew that what was going on mattered. yeah - it was crazy hippy music/writing/parties etc. but something was going on. what is going on now? we have naomi klein - though i don't know if she is really my generation. green day has their any war videos. but what else?

if i were brittney spears i would think/hope that i would be able to do something with my celebrity. but this isn't really applicable for two reasons. the first is clearly that i can't sing and don't look like the barbie next door (i only wish). the second is that even if brittney were a genius (or me as brittney - this of course implies that i am a genius) and she attempted to furthur some sort of political agenda she wouldn't be where she was now. people don't like controversy - they don't like opinions - they like pretty girls and easy answers (or alternately easy girls - but that might be the subject for another post).

No comments: