Tuesday, September 18, 2007

monday/tuesday

Yesterday was Monday.

Yesterday I have an excellent day.

I was productive - I worked on a number of the different "projects" I have on the go. I walked all over the city and my body felt really good. I spent lots of time with my fabulous boyfriend. I felt like I was really in control of my life.

Today is Tuesday.

Today I am having a bad day.

There is no reason really. And it is only noon so the day has some time to salvage itself. On the plus side I bought a tabletop ironing board and a drying rack. On the downside I had to carry them home. I wanted to buy a full sized ironing board - but seeing as it was 10times more expensive I decided to economize and buy the tabletop version. However - I had to go to the tailor - and since I live in a new part of Victoria I had to find a new tailor. So I went to a local tailor that was supposed to open at 10am, however, at 11am there was still no one in the shop, so I went to a tailor that I heard was good, but a little more expensive. Now I needed only the smallest thing done so I figured I could pay an extra $5. Unfortunetly the cost was three times more than what I expected, but since I just talked to the woman for five minutes, and she had given me a discount on their rush cost (because I want it for tomorrow) I didn't have the courage to walk out. Plus I didn't know for sure somewhere else where I could get it for tomorrow. In any case, I now just feel foolish for spending so much and for not being more prepared. I realize this is not a really big deal - but for whatever reason it feels like the end of the world right now.

And normally I would go to starbucks to buy a pumpkin spice latte to make myself feel better - but now I don't want to spend any more money. oh sigh. hopefully I will write more tomorrow and with a recap of a happier day.

2 comments:

lu said...

i had a grumpy tuesday too and am not sure why.

i am also going to visit a tailor this week.

and if there were a starbucks in a 500 mile radius of me, i would order a pumpkin spice latte too!

Anonymous said...

i hope wednesday is better than tuesday (and perhaps as good as monday?)