Thursday, June 21, 2007

the city

I don't have a favourite city. I like many different cities for many different reasons, but one my favourite cities is Toronto.

Since I have been back, every time I go somewhere new or do something fun I think how great Toronto is and how much I want to share what is fabulous about Toronto with everyone I know (including people who live in Toronto). And even though there is so much of Toronto that I don't know, and even though I still get very confused about where Bathurst Street is downtown, I love being in the city and feeling like a part of the city. I feel this way about Victoria, but to a lesser extent, because though I occasionaly discover new things/parts of Victoria, size dictates that there is only so much to explore. I still need to get out more, and actively embrace more of the city, but I like knowing that the city is out there. waiting for me.

No comments: