Tuesday, June 26, 2007

eye spy

Today was not a good day to live in Toronto. This is because today it was 34 degrees outside, not including the humidex (feels like 40). This meant that today I abandoned all plans for being outside that were not absolutely necessary.

The only necessary outside things I had to do this morning was go to see the eye doctor. Today, for the first time, my eye doctor took a picture of my eye. Of the back of my eye. Of my optic nerve and all that other stuff. It was cool, but really quite disconcerting. Oh. That's my eye. And my optic nerve? And that's where I focus? Strangely beautiful as well, but weird.

Tomorrow is supposed to be hot again, hot and thunderstomy. I feel like I am in suspended animation right now. Not in a bad way - just in a strange way. And tonight is the top twelve women on Canadian Idol - what can I say - I love Canadian Idol! Like American Idol, but with character.

2 comments:

Alex said...

i love idol more!
according to the thermometer in my car on the way home from somewhere the temp was 37. im sure it really was only like 35 or 34, but still, absolute madness. it was 40 in cairo.

Anonymous said...

ahh...but cairo is a dry heat ;-)

(i'm not a fan of this weather either, and i think ottawa is a couple of degrees cooler. gotta love when it is 7:30 and already it "feels like" 29)

i've had that eye picture thing before as well..i don't like that they tape your eyes open.