Sunday, April 30, 2006

Race Against Time

At the moment I am reading Race Against Time by Stephen Lewis. This is an excellent book. If you have not read it, you should immidiately get yourself to a bookstore and purchase this book.

It is a collection of the 2005 Massey Lectures which he delivered across canada, broadcast on the CBC. It is excellent, both as an introduction and an exposition on the global outrage that is the HIV/AIDS pandemic in Sub-Saharan Africa as well as providing excellent and insightful commentary on the United Nations, IMF & World Bank, International Development, International Response, African Governance, Education, Food, Poverty and the like.

As a disclaimer - I have only read the first three lectures out of five - but I am expecting that the quality will be continue to be excellent and it is one of the those books (which me) is difficult to put down. I don't have a hero (though clearly I have an enormous amount of respect/admiration for my parents and grandparents etc.) but I don't have an external hero. However. If one was going to choose a hero - he would be an excellent candidate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»