Saturday, April 22, 2006

(in)dependence

life is about finding a balance between independence and dependence.

I think that it would be easier to be happy being completely independent than completely dependent - however - in order to be truly happy you need a balance of the two.

which is why you (general you and you-you) love your independence and love going home to see your family.

I feel that I am more independent than many people I know in many ways - and less independent than many people I know in many ways. And I am fairly happy with the balance I have achieved.

That being said - I would like to be more adventurous than I am - which will require a greater independence than I currently have. The problem with adventures is that ideally I could adventure with someone - in a nice independence/dependence balance.

I want to be rich and married and have adventures. And save the world. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: