Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fun Facts about Wyoming

Dear Governor Freudenthal,

You have my apologies. I was, perhaps, too quick to judge Wyoming. So I will share some fun facts about Wyoming in attempt to educate both myself, and my audience, about the lower 48's least populous state.

1) Wyoming's Nicknames are "Equality State" and "The Cowboy State"
2) Wyoming's Population is 505,907
3) Wyoming's Area is 97,914 square miles. (I am not going to do that math, but if you really wanted to, you could figure out the number of people per square mile)
4) Wyoming's Capital City is Cheyenne (and the population of Cheyenne is 51,507)
5) Wyoming's state mammal is the Bison
6) Wyoming is the birthplace of abstract expressionist artist Jackson Pollock
7) Wyoming is famous for Yellowstone National Park, being the home where the buffalo roam, agriculture and dude ranches.

These fun facts courtesy of the Lonely Planet USA Guide Book, 2006

2 comments:

lu said...

was that really the governor of wyoming?! wow.

i have been there and from what i recall it was a rather nice place to be, but that was a long time ago and the ten states we visited may have blurred into one another. i have also been north dakota and i do remember that one because it was my choice as a ten year old to take a family road trip to mount rushmore. what a little nerd i was!

(am, really)

liz said...

I don't actually think that it was the governor of Wyoming, but I am going to pretend it was :)