Saturday, February 10, 2007

from Nepal to Victoria

Last night Devin and I went out for Nepalese food - and it was fabulous. Usually I make a reservation before we go out for dinner, but the last couple times I have done that the restaurant has been fairly empty, so I decided not to this time (just because). When we arrived it was less than half full - but then the hostess informed us that every table was reserved except for two! We ended up sitting next to another non-reservation couple who arrived about five minutes after us. They seemed to be on a second date - and all I remember from the conversation was the guy asking the girl what her mother did, the girl saying "nothing" and when asked to elborate the girl replied "nothing, she sits around smoking pot all day". Which, while perhaps sad, was amusing in the context of a second date conversation.

Now, I have to admit that I don't really know what "Nepalese food" consists of - but based on what we ordered, there are curries and lamb and chicken and dumplings involved. The restaurant was also fabulous - I am very big on "ambiance and atmosphere" and so both of those score major restaurant points with me. The service could have been better - but it wasn't horrible. And I would definetly go back! Except now I start thinking about the future and wonder "well, will I ever have a chance to go back?" but then I stop thinking those thoughts and remember that if I don't finish my thesis I might very well live here for the rest of my life as a destitute MA student. Okay. So maybe that's a little unlikely, but still!

It's a gorgeous day outside and it's currently around 11am - so I think that the next order of the day will be going outside and enjoying the weather!

No comments: