Sunday, January 14, 2007

more of the same

I think I worry too much. I never used to. I don't like this person. This worrying person. I want to be a person of action and adventure! I want to make decisions! But then I look at the lives of people around me and I'm just like "don't want your life, don't want your life, don't want your life..." which is probably good in that I am happier with my life than anyone elses - but still I feel as though I am not doing as good a job as I would like at living my life - even though I'm not exactly sure what I should be doing differently. And my new years resolution was to stop worrying about the future. well now I am worrying about the present and the future - so that's hardly an improvement. And then yesterday I (again) started to think about how 10 years from now - these years will be the time when things were "simple" and "easy".

In other news, I have started drinking Americanos in the morning (much to alex's chagrin), I have replaced my t.v. with flowers and candles (much less distracting) and I've had brunch three times in the last 8 days. So I guess it's not all bad :)

10 comments:

Alex said...

i would consider eating bruch as wonderful progress.
go liz go!

i think its hard to teach yourself not to worry, but i wish you luck. i do too need to take classes in it.

Kirst said...

I love having brunch. I too am a worrier and agree with Alex that it is hard not to worry.
You got rid of your tv? What? Good for you, I'm not sure I could do it.

liz said...

By "getting rid of it" I mean I put it under a table in my apt. It will be allowed again once I finish my thesis (so maybe never?).

Also - I have to the conclusion that denial is not the best solution to worrying. Although I still indulge on occasion.

--Nathan-- said...

the quote that calms me down when i worry too much is this "everything in the end will be good, if its not good its not the end."

Anonymous said...

i'm a worrier as well but I've not yet found a very good solution. there should really be some sort of support group...
good luck!

Alex said...

there should be a support group!
someone start a blog!

liz said...

Thank everyone for their kind thoughts and reassurance. Sometimes it's nice to reminded that everyone has the same issues (although I hope everyone out there can also stop be stressed and learn how to better channel their energy).

And omigd! blog support group - lol & brilliant!!

Faye said...

It's interesting that you worry like all the rest of us!! AND that our pastor just did a sermon on worrying. With that in mind here is what the Bible says about worry--"...do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." Matthew 6:34 (New International versio) Easier said than done!!! (for another less formal translation, check out "The Message")

Faye said...

Um, that should be New International VersioN

--Nathan-- said...

i prefer the new international versio!!