Sunday, January 28, 2007

Freaks and Geeks

This weekend when I went to the video store to rent the next installment of Arrested Development and it was not there - so instead I rented the first disc of Freaks and Geeks. I have never seen this show before, but I remember that it was critically acclaimed and it seemed like something I might like, so I brought it home and watched.

I immediately fell in love with the main character, Lindsay, who was super pretty, a really good actor and instantly invoked so much emphathy in me, the viewer. So after I finished watching the first episode, I went to look the actress up on imdb.com. Her name was Linda Cardellini - and I know her better as nurse Samantha (Sam) Taggert on ER. I occasionaly watch ER and I have to say that I find Sam super annoying, a bad actor, and not at all attractive. Anyways - I just thought that seemed quite strange how I would react so differently to the same actress in two different roles.

Okay - so not the world's most exciting weekend - but whatever :)

3 comments:

Alex said...

Arrested Development is amazing.

and is Sam the small one with curly hair that has a son? She was in brokeback mountain also, if I am thinking of the same person.

Anonymous said...

yes yes. that is her. even though I cannot actually remember her from brokeback mountain. And yes - I agree - it is amazing! I want to be part of that family. except not.

Alex said...

lol. i know, i do but then i so don't. you now need to watch L word!!!

she is heath's gf for awhile, after he breaks up with michelle. i think i like her better in ER (tho i rarely watch it) then in brokeback.