Thursday, December 14, 2006

thoughts

1) buying christmas presents is super fun, but it's also a little bit stressful b/c you always want people to like what you bought them. Next year I am going to buy everyone designer coasters.

2) there are people, in life, who you can be mad at, or frustrated with, and it doesn't matter, because you both know that it doesn't change how you feel about each other. the obvious example of this is the parent-child relationship. and if you have this relationship with a friend, then it must be a really special friendship, because it's a really freeing feeling to be frustrated with someone and to know that it doesn't really matter because you love them and in a day or two you will have only the love, minus the frustration, and that the ability to argue and express all your feelings actually makes the friendship stronger.

3) Not that I was ever very good at pool, but I am officially quite bad again.

4) The loss of independence which accompanies being at home is killing me.

5) I do not understand people who never move out of their parents home. I understand moving out for school, then moving back to save money. I get saving money by going to school and living at home, and then moving out after graduation. I don't get being 25 and having NEVER lived anywhere else.

6) My new life plan: I am going to be a life coach! Seriously. And my sub-speciality will be self-esteem, but I will also be able to assist with career planning, household organization, and talk therapy. If anyone is interested, I am offering my services at a discounted rate while I work on establishing my practice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IF you don't get everyone coasters, might I suggest books on tape or cd as it would be, but no one ever says book on cd.

Alex said...

im going to move back in with my parents this summer, after 6 years away - what do you say to THAT!?

Anonymous said...

it's okay - because you've got those six years under your belt. plus you're moving from nowhere (K-W) to somewhere (T.O.) and no one can fault you for that.