Wednesday, August 02, 2006

calgary-17+1

I have now officially visited my fifth Canadian province - Alberta! Land of Alberta beef, the Flames, that other team, Banff, the Badlands, and lots of other cool stuff.

1) mcnally's bookstore and amy's mom's books
2) learning the difference between "streets" and "avenues"
3) public transit aka the c-train
4) cherry pie, blueberry pie, and cheese curds
5) watching street legal and poker
6) stripey drumheller rocks
7) spinning rings which make me sad because they aren't really moving
8) small children everywhere
9) being super happily surprised by the zoo
10) amy amy amy
11) kensington
12) a surprise trip to crave
13) phantom, phantom, phantom
14) finding out kirsten's kids really are as cute as everyone thinks
15) dim sum
16) boston
17) food-poo shirt under black light
18) dmt (^3)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya, where's devin on this list :P
i will try and call you on friday,call you back that is.
:) glad you're home safe and had fun !
alex

Anonymous said...

well, I might have noticed the "no pst" had I been allowed to go shopping....

and how much fun I had with devin is implied in 2-9, 12, 13, 15 and 17 :)

kristen said...

how creative are canadian cities? calgary's light rail transit: c-train
ottawa's light rail transit: o-train

glad you had fun in calgary...i hear that most of the cool kids are from alberta ;-)

Kirst said...

It was so nice to meet you and to have the chance to hang out. Thanks for the comment about my kids. I think they are cute but it nice to hear others say that.

--Nathan-- said...

Kristen, your only cool if you stay in the province... once you move away all bets are off.

I like Liz, she mocks devin as much as the rest of us... and she didnt get to know me well enough to turn around an mock me as well.

kristen said...

I'm pouting about the province comment....but at the same time, I'm not sure I was ever cool anyway. siiigh...

and liz...be sure to mock nathan next time...you won't have to be worrying about first impressions by then.

Heather said...

Mocking Nathan didn't take me too long... it's just too easy!!! (And it being equally easy to mock me, I feel like it's fair to say that!)

Kensington is "da bomb diggity", and it's definitely where it's at. Living there is probably the best thing ever! I'm glad you liked it Liz! Too bad I missed ya! Next time hopefully! Or perhaps when I'm in Victoria I can bribe Devin to hang out with me and then I can meet you!

Anonymous said...

I must admit to being a bit disappointed about not meeting you (heather) after hearing so much about you. And as far as bribing is concerned... since you were so successful in bringing cupcakes eastward to your sister, I'm sure if you brought some westward a meeting could definetly be arranged! (it could probably be arranged without the bribe, but as a crave-cupcake-convert I had to at least try).