Wednesday, August 13, 2008

beauty is more than skin deep, but sometimes you just need to make your skin look beautiful

On Monday I had my first ever facial.

And one of the best parts was that it was free. It was my going-away gift from my boss at my old job and I finally got around to having it. And it was wonderful.

The spa where I had my facial was lovely - and I would definitely go back if I wasn't leaving Victoria forever in less than a month.

The esthetician was very sweet and very calm, and the spa was super "atmospheric". Dim lights, aromatherapy scents wafting through the rooms, very relaxing music playing. And one hour spent making my face looking beautiful! Okay - technically my face didn't look any different afterwards, but I imagine that it is more beautiful on the inside.

Now, if anyone wanted to give me a free facial in the future I certainly wouldn't turn it down. However, I think that if I was going to spend my own money on a spa service, I would spend it on a massage or body treatment, or mani/pedi rather than a facial.

Although - must admit to achieving a bit of a state of zen and feeling an overwhelming sense of calm, and a belief that life is too short to harbour hard feelings.

I think I was meant for a life of reflection and none of this work business. Oh well - I guess I'll find out soon enough.

No comments: