Saturday, April 19, 2008

and while we're on the subject...

Tonight - I did something I didn't know I could do...

Something that other people do all the time, but I didn't know it was something I could do.

Tonight. At 24. For the first time in my entire life I successfully made an omelet. Yes - this might not seem like a big deal to some. In fact, it may seem like a really little deal, but I have never successfully made an omelet before. The last time I tried I was in second in year university and it did not go well. Since then everytime I have thought "should I make an omelet?" I get scared and go for scrabbled eggs.

But not tonight. No tonight I went for it! I conquered my fear of omelets! And it was a beauty - red pepper, feta, meat - and it was excellent, if I do say so myself. So now I can go on with my life, without this horrible secret hanging over me. I am now one step closer to grown-up independence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you can cook for me!

kristen said...

i do love a good omelet.
congratulations! and the fillings sound delicious.