Monday, April 21, 2008

american presdiential politics

Several months ago I wrote that if given the opportunity, I would support Hillary Clinton over Barak Obama for the White House. I still agree with that statement. However - I think that Obama has shown himself to be the candidate with the most momentum and I think that he will win the nomination - and more than that - I think he deserves to win the nomination.

Michael Moore wrote (in his endorsement of Obama today) "My endorsement is more for Obama The Movement than it is for Obama the candidate." Now I am not a huge Michael Moore fan (and he is not a huge Hillary Clinton fan), but I think this statement really crystalizes how I feel at this point. I think that though I don't love Barak Obama, the Obama movement is really really special. And it really does give or bring or provide hope - for everyone - and especially for those who need it most. And though I am disappointed that it seems likely that Hillary Clinton will not be the* next president, I think it would be a wonderful thing if Barak Obama was the next president.

*I wrote "our" next president, and then when I realized I changed it to "the". Interesting...

2 comments:

lu said...

but the reality is that s/he will be 'our' next president and i sort of which i could vote!

* i wrote 'he' then had to put the s in front - now THAT is frightening. maybe even i would find it difficult getting used to a woman being one of the most powerful people in the world.

lu said...

which/wish - you know what i meant!