Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Little Children

Last weekend I rented the movie little children.

All I know about this movie before I rent it is that it stars Kate Winslet, is at least partially about a pedophile and was nominated for several academy awards.

Kate Winslet is, I think, the only actor or actress whose movie I would see solely because they are in it. I think she is fabulous and makes fabulous movies.

Little children certainly had it's fabulous moments. But it was also really strange. I think I have fairly middle of the road taste in movies, leaning a little bit towards indie films, but Little Children was definetly a little weird.

I really want to read a 4th year film student paper about the movie to help me get it.

I think it is about struggling against your life, and that the struggle is most likely fruitless, and the struggle can possibly, but most likely will not, be redeeming?

Maybe?

2 comments:

lu said...

i had read the book and wasn't sure if i liked then i watched the movie and i am not sure that i liked that either. i do like kate winslet though.

Alex said...

i really enjoyed the film.
very interesting.
love love love kate.