Wednesday, April 04, 2007

life in victoria

victoria is a special city. very different from any other city in which I lived. why is Victoria different you ask?

1) spring in victoria brings with a certain smell. not the beautiful smell of flowers and blossoms. but the pugent smell of the manure that Victorians use to fertilize their lawns.
2) today while I as at the gym I glanced over next to me and saw a charming older man. I noticed him several moments later as he pushed his walker from one weight-machine to another. this is why I love my gym. it's the type of place where a man with a walker can go work out and feel comfortable.
3) when you want a shirt from espirt that they no longer have in your size - you have to leave the island to find it. unlike a CITY where you could simply go to another store that had different stock and pick up the shirt which you desired. here I have no recourse and will have to go through life without that shirt.

the weather, however, is fabulous!

No comments: