Saturday, September 16, 2006

celebrity, cars, and coke: reflections on 21st century society. (okay - so it's a random list of stuff - but I was trying for a clever title)

1) I am glad that I did not grow up in a small town
2) I really like David Duchovny. I like him because he has been married to the same woman for a number of years, and because he takes on a wide variety of film and movie roles, and because he can make fun of himself, and because he is extremely good looking.
3) The next time I have breakfast, I really want to have bacon and eggs and toast and hash browns and sausage. Except I don't eat bacon or sausage, but eggs and toast and hashbrowns is all too much the same. I think maybe I want to start eating (red) meat again.
4) My boyfriend is an absolutely amazing chef. Even when he's just "preparing" food and not actually making anything - it is beyond fabulous.
5) I was watching "Rich Bride, Poor Bride" on t.v. and the wedding budget was $20,000 - except the bride bought the husband an SUV as a wedding gift, putting them $40,000 over budget. They had previously decided together to buy a house before a car - and it was mostly the husband's money, not the wife's that would be paying for this car. If my partner bought me a $40,000 gift that we had decided we couldn't afford - I would probably have to completly revaluate our relationship because that to me is not a partnership.

Quote of the day:

(as said by me, in context, during a conversation with one of my friends)

"well really, there is no right age to do cocaine."

with valuable insights like that, is it any wonder that I got into graduate school?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember an advertising campaign a few years back that hailed pork as the "other" white meat. So I say, go ahead with the bacon!

I think I might just freak out if I wasn't consulted on a large purchase (and at this point, that pretty much means anything over about $500). "My present to you...a debt of $40 000, oh yeah, and you'll be paying most of that off...but you'll look cool in your new car".

Kirst said...

Red meat is good. I agree with Kristen and the bacon. MMMMMM bacon!