Thursday, June 15, 2006

the meaning of....

Happiness.

My father always tells me that I was a very happy child.
And I like to think of myself as being a fairly happy person.
And I always try to find happiness in everyday things.
And I think it helps that I always look for, and usually find, the best in people.
But you can't always be happy because then you would never be happy. So you have to take the not happy moments and hope that someday down the road the happy moments will be all the more sweet because of the unhappy moments. (Although as I reflect on my life I don't actually know if that holds true, but it seems to work in theory so what do I know?)
In any case, that still doesn't stop me from always wanting to be happy.

1 comment:

kristen said...

i don't think it would be "normal" not to want to be happy...